The Water Linked Underwater GPS / BlueROV2 Integration Kit provides the components needed to set up the Water Linked Underwater GPS system for seamless integration with BlueROV2. This kit requires some minor assembly, but does not require any soldering or potting. Once installed, a single cable connects the Underwater GPS system to the BlueROV2 system, making setup and operations as simple and clean as possible.
The diagram below shows the connections that are made in the Water Linked box with the integration kit. All included cables are ready to use and installation is simple.
Once the integration kit has been installed, the Water Linked box is connected to the rest of the ROV system by a single cable that links it to the ROV tether and topside computer as shown below.
Parts to Modify Water Linked Box
- 1 x Internal battery cable (XT90 to Molex 3mm connector)
- 1 x Fathom-X power cable (JST-GH to ferrules)
- 1 x Pre-wired bulkhead connector (Bulgin 8pos to JST-GH 3pos and ferrules)
- 1 x Fathom-X Tether Interface Board
- 1 x 3D printed Fathom-X mount with 3M VHB tape
- 1 x 8 meter (26 ft) cable with Bulgin 8pos (to WL box) to cable penetrator (to BlueROV2 topside Fathom-X)
Parts for Topside Connection
- 1 x 8pos barrier block
- 1 x Fathom-X signal cable with terminals
- 1 x Blue/white twisted pair cable with male 0.1″ header pins
- 1 x Green/white twisted pair cable with male 0.1″ header pins
Parts for the ROV
- 1 x Anodized aluminum locator mount and hardware