Home Forums Build Camera misaligned

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Kaos Kaos 2 months, 1 week ago.

This forum is closed for new responses.

Please visit this topic on our new forums here.

• Author
    Profile photo of Kaos
    Kaos
    Participant

Try my luck again

So the camera is pointing to the right float and light. I have tried turning the electronics tray, thinking that was the issue but no result. It tilts straight tho.

I am looking to pack the mount out a bit to get realignment but thought I’d better ask first.

The camera n mount hasn’t been knocked by me but could have happened in transit.

Is there a way to adjust it back to the Centre without packing it out?

A minor niggle but needs to be aligned so clients get quality video

Thanks in advance

Profile photo of Adam
    Adam
    Participant

Hi Kaos,

Its possible that the mount may have been slightly knocked off center during shipping, and you can readjust the screws to get it back to the center. However, it may also be a software issue- the Raspberry Pi camera crops the image a bit, and can do so off center. There will be an updated Raspberry Pi image soon which has the necessary parameters to ensure that this does not happen.

-Adam

Profile photo of Kaos
    Kaos
    Participant

Hi Adam,

I think it is the software and hope it is sorted soon. I need to make some money with the rov real soon coz banks don’t wait n I have a shopping list for blue robotics to fulfill.

The longer I wait, the more competition I may encounter. Reality bites hard sometimes

Cheers Dougie

The forum ‘Build’ is closed to new topics and replies.