Home Forums Blue Robotics’ Product Support I2C splitter board needed

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Adam Adam 2 months, 1 week ago.

This forum is closed for new responses.

Please visit this topic on our new forums here.

• Author
    Profile photo of Kaos
    Kaos
    Participant

Hi there,

So Adam gave me the info to connect the temp sensor in to the BR2 but the issue is that the pixhawk was already pre-installed and i did not get the rest of the spare parts with it. So the I2C splitter board is the component that i do not have which is what Adam says i should use to plug the bar30 and temp sensor into. This is not something that i can source in NZ anytime soon.

Any thought as to how i can sort this issue?

Dougie

Profile photo of Jacob
    Jacob
    Participant

The I2C splitter board breaks out all of the I2C lines in parallel to several connectors. You can hook up multiple I2C devices manually by connecting all of the I2C lines in parallel. There is currently no driver for the Celsius temperature sensor on the Pixhawk, but it is on the agenda. In the meantime, the Bar30 provides a (less accurate) temperature measurement. You can view the Bar30 temperature measurement in the SCALED_PRESSURE2 field from the mavlink inspector widget in QGC.

-Jacob

Profile photo of Adam
    Adam
    Participant

Hi Kaos,

It looks like some of the more recent Pixhawk accessory packages we have been including with the BlueROV2 have not been coming with the I2C splitter boards. You can make a note about the splitter on your next order, and we can toss one of our spare ones into the package for you.

-Adam

The forum ‘Blue Robotics’ Product Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.