Jobs at Blue Robotics
Blue Robotics specializes in developing, manufacturing, and online retailing of components and systems for marine robotics. We strive to make products that are high-quality, well-supported, and low-cost with the goal of enabling and expanding the field of marine robotics.
Working at Blue Robotics is fast-paced and full of opportunities to learn new skills and tools and work with some of the coolest marine technology on the globe! While we’ve got a lot of amazing technology, our team is our biggest asset and our biggest strength.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we offer competitive pay, benefits, and perks.
Interested? Check out the job descriptions below and apply by sending your resume and an introduction to email@example.com.
Mechanical Engineering Intern
As a Mechanical Engineering Intern at Blue Robotics, you’ll carry a lot of responsibility from day one, helping to develop our robots and components!
Location: Our headquarters in Torrance, CA
The Mechanical Engineering Intern Role
We’re seeking a mechanical engineering student or graduate for an internship in Spring 2019. You will be joining our team of experienced engineers and helping to develop our ROVs, thrusters, and other marine robotics components. As a mechanical engineering intern, you’ll be exposed to all phases of the product development process and will have the chance to work on some of our newest products.
Responsibilities may include designing mechanical and electrical components, testing new products and experimental prototypes, transitioning products from prototype to mass manufacturing, developing documentation, and occasionally getting wet. We are looking for a fast learner who is organized, adaptive, independent, and able to communicate effectively.
- Take on a project and see it through with guidance
- Design components and solve design challenges
- Design and conduct experiments to test and validate new products and components
- Conduct field tests with the BlueROV2 and other products
- Writing and updating documentation
- Strong CAD design skills in SolidWorks
- Intuitive understanding of mechanical and electrical systems
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes and rapid prototyping
- Excellent communication skills and team-oriented attitude
- Good time management skills and ability to work independently
- Subsea, ROV, and/or robotics background preferred
- Familiarity with our products is preferred
- Expertise in potting compounds, O-ring seals, electrical cable construction, and other topics relevant to subsea devices is desired
If you’re interested in this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume as well as a description of why you think you’re a good fit for job!