Watertight Enclosure (WTE) Locking Series Assembly
Always inspect the O-rings before operation in water and especially when replacing the end-caps, aluminum flanges, or penetrators. Any dust, hair, or other particles can cause a leak.
Use plastic tools, NOT steel or other hard tools, to remove the O-rings from the aluminum sealing flange. Hard tools can create scrapes that will compromise sealing ability.
Most threadlockers are not chemically compatible with with polycarbonate, and will damage the dome flange if used excessively on the screws. Refer to the documentation and chemical compatibility notes of your threadlocker of choice for more information.
Only clean the dome and acrylic tubes with acrylic specific cleaner or plain water. Solvents, alcohol and other cleaners will craze and damage the material.
You will also need:
O-Ring PickRemove O-rings without damaging the O-ring gland$4.00 Add to Cart
Dings and Dents
Bulkhead Wrench (R1 Style)For use with all M10 penetratorsAdd to Cart
Hex Key SetCommonly used on the BlueROV2 and other products$6.00 Add to Cart
Silicone Grease – 10g TubeFor lubricating O-rings and other seals$3.00 Add to Cart
- 1 x Bottle of Threadlocker (optional, not included)
Liquid threadlocker may be used on WTEs with aluminum endcaps, however, most threadlockers are not chemically compatible with with acrylic or polycarbonate, and will damage domes or acrylic endcaps if used on any of the screws. Refer to the documentation and chemical compatibility notes of your threadlocker of choice for more information.
3. Install the two thick O-rings into the grooves on the flange or flange caps.
For the 2″ locking series, the radial O-rings for the flange and face seal O-ring for the end cap will be the same size.
2. Attach the end caps to the flanges with 6 socket cap screws. Gently tighten the screws in an alternating cross pattern so that the O-ring is compressed but not so tight as to damage the plastic. Do not overtighten the screws!
Note: The four-hole end cap is threaded; thus, the penetrator nuts do not need to be installed.
2. Install the round aluminum handles onto the plastic locking cord and tighten the set screw.
3. Insert the locking cord into one side of the gap in the tube so it begins to feed through. Push in all the way. If there is excess cord, trim it, and then reinstall.
4. Replace the vent cap to seal.
2. Remove the locking cord.
3. Remove the flange using the tabs on the sides of the flange.
WTE2-P-END-CAP-R1.DXF WTE3-P-END-CAP-R1.DXF WTE4-P-END-CAP-R1.DXF Here are a few things to remember:
- We recommend the following thicknesses of cast acrylic to handle the pressure:
- 2″ Series: 6mm / 0.25″
- 3″ Series: 9mm / 0.375″
- 4″ Series: 12mm / 0.50″
- Note the inner diameter of the aluminum sealing flange and ensure that any holes are within that diameter.
- Feel free to extend beyond the original shape to add mounting holes, etc.