LAST-A-FOAM® R-3312 is a machinable, hydrostatic pressure-resistant foam that provides buoyancy underwater. The closed-cell structure is engineered to resist penetration by water. Due to the pressure resistance to many fluids and resins, it is also used in resin-transfer molding as a core material. LAST-A-FOAM® R-3312 semi-submersible foam is optimal for shallow to mid-water underwater robotics applications.
This foam (R-3312: 24 in x 8 in x 2.5 in) has minor dings and dents.
These subsea polyurethane foams support training operations for the International Space Station, providing buoyancy for assembly components in pools that simulate weightlessness.
- Easy to machine, coat, and paint
- Provides buoyancy with depths to 300 ft uncoated or 600 ft coated
- Excellent compressive and insulation properties
- Resistant to hydrostatic pressure
- High impact resistance
- Biologically Inert
- Oil, grease, and solvent resistant
- Cost-effective solution
- Does not rot or decay
- Performs in freshwater or saltwater
- Compatible with many types of adhesive
|R-3312: Density||12 lbs/ft3||192 kg/m3|
|R-3312: Specific Gravity||0.19|
|R-3312: Tested Depth (uncoated)||300 ft||91 m|
|R-3312: Tested Depth (coated)||600 ft||182 m|
24 x 8 x 2.5 in
610 x 203 x 64 mm
|Buoyancy (Lifting force)||
|Weight (in air)||